Tuesday, July 03, 2007

How Things Are Going

Since somehow a week has passed since I've posted, I thought I'd post a few updates.

Josie is still working on that fourth tooth. Any day now. Yeah, any day now.

Sweet potatoes are SO last week. Well, she does still love them, but she's started eating squash, a squash and corn combo, and "mixed vegetables" which, according to the label are peas, carrots and potatoes. Yesterday I mashed up an actual banana and she seemed to like it ok, but I guess it wasn't quite as smooth as the baby food ones.

Josie is now, for the most part, crawling on her hands and knees instead of her tummy. Every now and then, she goes back to her tummy, but she is on her hands and knees more and more.

Phoebe has now joined the world of Webkinz pet owners. Apparently, actually selecting an animal and, a week later, selecting a name for that animal was quite traumatic.

I think P is still recovering from us leaving her for 2 weeks. I know she had fun with her grandparents, but it's been a pretty interesting time here for the last month. I know part of it is having a new sibling, and part of it is being 6 as well. Up until the last 2 nights, P has been coming into our room every night or calling from hers saying that she's having bad dreams. I think this is because she knows I have a soft spot for having bad dreams. Two nights ago, I told P that I was really sorry we'd had to leave her for 2 weeks to get her sister. The last 2 nights when I've put her to bed, I've told her that she doesn't have to worry about us leaving her that long again. I've also told her that she doesn't have to come check on us every night to make sure we're here...we are here and we're not going anywhere. I've also told her that if she does come to our room, there's a comfy blanket and pillow on the floor for her to sleep on. Magically, she hasn't come in.

The days? Well, those are completely different. Baby steps. One thing at a time.

Last but not least in the update department, my friend S had her baby yesterday. I'm sure pictures and a name will be posted soon. She looks a lot like her big sister did when she was born.

No comments: