Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm Having Flashbacks

T'was a rough night at the Lineberrys' last night.
Friday night, J woke up a few times during the night, but not for very long. Not long enough to go into her room. It was out of the ordinary though. Yesterday, she wanted to be held a lot. Especially when we were taking down Christmas decorations. That was interesting.

Last night, she woke up a couple of times again. I went in to check on her, to make sure she didn't have a fever or seem sick. My mistake. I went in at 12:15. She was fine. As soon as I picked her up, she stopped crying and did the "more" sign and pointed to her door. I decided to see where she wanted to go, so I walked out of her room. She pointed to the stairs. I took her downstairs, she did the sign for water. OK, she wants water. Boy did she.

Silly me, I thought "problem solved". I even got a sippy cup of water that she could take to bed with her and we went back upstairs. I held her for a few minutes then went to put her back into her bed. Oh no. She was having none of that. Her right arm was wrapped all the way around my neck and her legs were latched on like vises. Alrighty. I sat on the futon in her room. She snuggled. I figured ok, let's have some mommy time, so I lay down on the futon with her on top of me and she was soon fast asleep. Hooray!

I went over and put her into her bed and she was instantly awake and screaming. Sigh. This went on until about 2am when I decided to let her "cry it out" and went to bed. At 2:30, when she was still screaming at the top of her lungs, Allen went in. He said she was standing in her crib holding the rail with her left hand, holding her sippy cup with her right hand, had her head down and eyes closed and was screaming. Is it possible she fell asleep standing up and crying? He woke her and changed her jammies to some that were a little cooler.

2:45, still screaming, I went back in and asked Allen to go make a bottle. Let's fill her tummy. Alright, full belly, cool jammies, dry diaper and back to the futon we go. Back to sleep on mom we go. Snoring, she actually said, "dada" in her sleep. Sleeping like a rock. Back to bed. Nope. Scream. Back to the futon.

You get the idea. At 5:45 I decided that nature was calling. I managed to get out from under her on the futon, pick her up, get my hands in a good position for putting her down and walked to her crib without her stirring at all. As soon as her body touched the mattress, instant scream. Too bad, nature wins on this one.

She cried for about 10 minutes and gave up. So, all told, I got a whopping 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night. Allen didn't fare much better. Apparently he was flipping channels on the TV most of the time I was in her room.

She's in a fine mood this morning, and has that "I slept on Mommy" hair.

I hope she naps.


Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry y'all had a ruff night, but her mommy hair is darn cute -
praying for a better night tonite...

I don't want to wake you if YOU get a naptime, so call me tomorrow if you get the chance -

Mary Beth said...

Oh poor sweeties. Both of you. That sucks.

The Bennights said...

Wow, that sucks. I can honestly say I know how you feel.
Hope the next few nights are much more restful.

p.s. LOVE the hair. Can I borrow the picture for when I start E's new blog???? (yeah right I can't keep up with the few I have already)