Sunday, January 06, 2008

Remember When?

I haven't done this in a while, 'cause you know, I've been so wrapped up in myself. But check these out... new babies!

Referrals came in January 2. You're not going to believe this, but the people who got referrals in this batch had log in dates 2 MONTHS after us. Let me spell that ... TWO MONTHS! We got our referral for Jo 10 months ago. I cannot believe that they've only gotten through 2 months of parents' documents in 10 months. I knew things had slowed down, but I feel SO bad for the parents still waiting. And waiting.

I've heard that applications from parents outnumber the available babies. That sounds good, except for that word "available". It's not the number of babies in orphanages, it's the ones who are paper-ready.

I've also seen that the "review room" is about a year ahead of the "matching room". Meaning the hallway outside the matching room must be hard to get through. Actually, meaning the first step, review, has been done for a year's worth of more parents than have been matched.

Say a prayer for these waiting families and babies. I know how hard it was for us. Now, knowing that people whose documents went to China only 2 months after us are just now getting a referral...it blows my mind to think what they've gone through.

OK, this started out a happy post. Here are the babies!

2getSoph
The Jake Break
Pat’s little Sister
Q-Fold - Twins!
Welcoming Kathryn
To Bring Leah Home
Maria Hui Jun
Miss Gioia
Introducing Tiffany

The following blogs are expecting their referral in this batch:

The Sweeney Family
Sienna Bug
Our Journey to Baby M
Waiting for Julia

No comments: