Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Suddenly Surreal


My daughter is inside this building. A woman on one of the yahoo groups took this picture of Jiayin's orphanage on April 5. She also took pictures inside, but none of them appear to be our girl.

I've seen other pictures of this building, so I knew that it looked pretty nice. But those pictures were taken at some unknown time, likely before our daughter was born.

But THIS picture. She's there.

She's going about her day to day life with no idea how her world is about to change. If I could only see through the walls and find her. Would I recognize her from the pictures we have? The pictures that I think were taken in December?

How can I not recognize her? I've looked at her little face in those pictures for hours and memorized every detail. Her eyes, nose, earlobes. I think I can spot them a mile off.

So, she's there. We're here. But we're almost there. Just a little bit longer.

Almost there.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

yay! yay! yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey - just a thought - maybe bring the quilt to DOK for hands-on prayer?