Monday, January 29, 2007

What Will the Day Bring?

There are no rumors yet on when referrals will be sent. All hope is that they will arrive this week. It's possible they won't be mailed until Friday, which would have them arriving next week. (By the way, next month at this time, the above sentences will look something like this: slosd' ifl ijhweljlskdj hblah jjd dsijflj *#&@ oiej ejrlje duh, drool)

There still isn't a firm cut-off date. Still just speculation. It isn't looking good for referrals going through 10/17/05 LIDs, but they should go through sometime in the teens.

When I know something I'll post it.

Meanwhile, P went for testing on Friday at the school she's going to attend next year. She was there for 2 hours and did fine, I'm sure. Personally, I was nervous the whole time. We'll go for a family interview on Wednesday of next week at which point we'll see how she did. As I said, I'm sure she did fine. It's not the SATs and she's pretty smart if I do say so myself.

Over the weekend, the cleaning continued - in a "it gets messier before it gets better" kind of way. We totally rearranged and cleaned out the office - cause that's where the new baby will be spending sooo much time. I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it feels so much better in there now.

On the red tape front, we received a notice from USCIS asking for an addendum to our home study update. The upside of this is that they are actually processing our documents. The downside is our social worker apparently didn't indicate HOW she got the updated information from us. It seems odd to me, and a little picky, but hey. She's on the case and will get that sent off to them in the next day or two. Hopefully they will be satisfied and we'll receive our renewed I171H shortly. Last time around, they asked for an addendum 2 1/2 months after receiving our application. This time, it was only a month. So that makes me feel a little better. Not as good as not needing an addendum, but good.

So, how you doin'?

No comments: