Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Can You Say Calm AFTER the Storm?

Last week was a wonderful week. I love the anticipation right before referrals arrive and the frenzy that occurs when they DO arrive.

Now we have about a month to get ourselves ready for the next round. Fasten your seatbelts.

Today I had a conference with P's Kindergarten teacher. She used words like "passion", "enthusiasm", "animated", "free spirit". No surprises. I was happy to find out that P is getting better at focusing on, and finishing her work in a timely manner in class. Her teacher did tell me that sometimes for work, P has to be separated away from the others. Apparently, even if P sits next to a child who isn't a "talker", that child becomes a talker. It's like magic.

I'm also finding that P has a pretty firm grasp of sarcasm for a 5 year old. I have no idea where she gets that. Yesterday, I put a "My Little Pony" band-aid on her foot and she asked me which Pony it was. They have names? Anyway, I told her I didn't know, but I'd look to see if it was on the band-aid. I leaned over and looked at the band-aid and said "Nope. Not there." She said with a smile,"Her name's 'nope not there?" That's my girl.

P's teacher told me today that last week, the teacher had left the room for a second and another teacher came in. She and P had a conversation about something, then the other teacher asked P if she was Mrs. W (her teacher). P's response was "Do I look like Mrs. W?" Alrighty then.

No comments: