Wednesday, August 08, 2007

So Long Without a Post

Wow. Sorry. Are you still here?

I'm not sure why it's been almost a week since I've posted. Not much post fodder out there, I guess.

Josie's top left front tooth finally popped through. She continues to amaze me each day. She now uses the "more" sign when she wants more to eat. And, even cuter, she sometimes does it when I'm kissing her cheeks and neck. She raises both arms when she wants out of her high chair. And, according to Allen, last night when he was getting her ready for bed he said, "Where's Josie?", and she pointed to herself! I missed it and haven't been able to duplicate it, but she usually does these things for Dad first.

She is recovering from getting congested and cough-y while we were at my parents' a couple of weeks ago. She went in for a "well check" Saturday and came out with prescriptions for antibiotics and a nebulizer. I guess she's better now. She didn't seem sick when she went in, so I may not be a good judge of that.

We are going to Six Flags tomorrow. Phoebe's first trip (and J's for that matter, though I don't think she'll enjoy it as much as P). We were planning to go Tuesday, but in the interest of taking friends with us, we switched to Thursday. Phoebe is SO excited. She wants to ride the Shock Wave first. I'm just stunned that she's tall enough. Allen printed out a list of all the rides she can ride. Not sure how many we'll hit. I'm going to approach the day as laid back as possible and try to keep my promise to Phoebe that, while we're at the park, I won't tell her to quiet down. We're taking a cooler (that we'll leave in the car for a picnic at some point) and have plans to take lots of breaks for water since it's going to be around 100 degrees. Phoebe's ticket is free, and mine and Allen's were a great deal, so we can stay as long or as short a time as need be. Hopefully J will hold up well.

Friday may be a day of recovery, but hopefully I'll have lots of pics to post.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

So glad to read you again! Love hearing how Josie is progressing!