Wednesday, May 09, 2007

ONE DAY!

I just had to come look at my blog today so I could see the ticker up at the top say "1 day".

Am I ready? Yep. Uh. Yes. Definitely yes.

Of course we need to finish up the packing. If I could just stop buying things to pack, I'd finish much more quickly. Oh, and I need to scrub the floors, and trim the dog's nails, and....

OK, kidding. Allen said this morning that I didn't have anything else to do today but finish packing, so it must be so.

And I got an early Mother's Day present from Sweet P this morning. Oh, yeah Sunday IS Mother's Day, isn't it?

I can't believe we are finally here. It is just unbelievable.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO you're going out with us tonite? I'll be the designated driver!! Seriously, we would love to have you join us - IF it will be more relaxing than spinning around at home -

Anonymous said...

We will hold down the neighborhood while you are gone! Prayers for a safe trip and a joyful meeting with your daughter. We can't wait to meet P's sister.

Have a great time in China. You can do the main section of Beijing in one day. Just start at the end of the Square by Mao's tomb (if you want to do the viewing, you need to make sure it's open -- not open every day) and work your way through the Forbidden City (we highly recommend the audio tape by "James Bond"). It was totally under construction when were were there getting ready for the 2008 Olympics. However, it was fun to say "been there, done that." When we got to the end of the Forbidden City, we went across the street and hired a rickshaw driver to take us around to see the neighborhood. Fun, fun, fun!

If you go to the section of the wall with the bobsled, do it. That was the best part of the Wall for the kids.

Enjoy! See you when you return.

Jeff, Brandi, Davis & Laina

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Sarah B. said...

YAY! We will miss you guys. Hurry up and bring her home :)Oh,
and have fun while you'e there too!

Anonymous said...

nice blog

Mary Beth said...

I devoutly hope that Brandi doesn't mean that you need to be sure Mao's tomb is open...as in, his CASKET thing is open! Ick!

;)

I'll be flying tomorrow morning too, but only to San Angelo. Not nearly so exciting and exotic.

Travelling mercies!

Krysta said...

I can't wait to meet you in China, Cynde! Have a safe trip and I'll see you soon! (I've been waiting to say that for a loooong time!)

-Krysta
Mommy to Jia, Hunan Province