Friday, May 04, 2007

So Close, I Just Can't Stand It

6 days until we leave! SIX!! I can count them on one hand!

OK, that's supposed to be funny.

We still have a ton to do, and I really shouldn't be sitting in front of the computer, but here I am. I can't believe that at this time next week we'll be in China.

I'm starting to get a little nervous. I'm not (yet) nervous about having a ten month old. That is still a little unreal. That nervousness will kick in when we get her. I'm just jittery. I'm anxious about leaving my sweet P for so long, though I know she'll be fine. I'm really going to miss the little spaz.

It's just so hard to believe that this trip is finally here, I don't know what to do with myself. I think that I've kept my emotions about this process in check for SO LONG that they are just bubbling out when I least expect them. And they are always at the surface. Luckily, none of them are bad temper-type emotions, because those being near the surface wouldn't be good for anyone.

I'm so scattered and having trouble focusing, it's almost a little funny - as long as I'm not driving at the time.

I'm still trying to keep the excitement down a little, just to be able to get those things done that I need to get done. And like I said, it's still a little unreal. As much as I stare at Josie's face on my computer screen, it's still just a picture. Actually holding her? It's just something my brain can't comprehend right now.

No comments: